Here’s an assignment for those of you who live life hiding behind the truth…
The benefits of the assignment to notice when you fabricate or embellish are far too many to list. Anytime anyone is deceived or invited to participate in anything in life under false pretenses, there is consequence; long term consequence and affect. In some cases, one cannot see the long term affect, as the deception is hidden in plain sight yet felt within the cell of their body, mind and or spirit breeding and birthing questions and/of doubt.
For some people this way of being, communicating and interacting has become a way of life due to past, historical reasons undistinguished. It is a major undertaking for anyone to be able to put up a mirror to see this behavior given it has become like breathing.
For now, you are to notice IF you can, when you exhibit this type of behavior. I’ve provided a few definitions for you to inhale and let resonate within your thoughts.
1. to beautify by or as if by ornamentation; ornament; adorn.
2. to enhance (a statement or narrative) with fictitious additions.
- to devise or invent (a legend, lie, etc.).
- to fake; forge (a document, signature, etc.).
- a false statement made with deliberate intent to deceive; an intentional untruth; a falsehood.
2. something intended or serving to convey a false impression; imposture: His flashy car was a lie that deceived no one.
3. an inaccurate or false statement; a falsehood.
4. the charge or accusation of telling a lie.
- to persuade or induce (someone) to buy something: The salesman sold me on a more expensive model than I wanted.
- to enlist (oneself).
- to mislead by a false appearance or statement; delude: They deceived the enemy by disguising the destroyer as a freighter.
- to be unfaithful to
For now simply notice when you deceive, fabricate, embellish or lie verses enroll others into a greater cause.
FYI: There isn’t anything wrong with how you’ve been doing life, however if you want results even faster, quicker or better – take this on!
Lisa Thomas is the CEO of The P3 Group, Inc. and The P3 Group International, LLC, publisher of The P3 Power Boost Online Magazine, host of The P3 Power Boost Radio Show, and President of the Board of Directors of NetWorth. She is a 20-year veteran in business, executive leadership and performance coaching/consulting. She has worked extensive with corporate call centers, executives and small business enterprises. She’s been a featured columnist and business strategist on Affiliate NPR, WFDD, The Cary News, Fox 8 and numerous NBC affiliate stations.
Lisa is best known for her business and leadership acumen and is widely recognized her ability to develop leaders to be more effective. Lisa is also a sought after keynote speaker on various topics women in leadership face. She generously donates her time and expertise to a number of organizations and worthy causes, including NetWorth, the Business Succession Forum Network, and the Hazel B. Neal Foundation, for which she recently was recognized with the woman of Power, Purpose and Vision award. In her downtime, she can be found practicing yoga, cycling, swimming, reading a good book or spending time with family and friends.
CEO/Sr. Business Strategist
The P3 Group, Inc.
Contact us for permission to re-use any of the content provided in this Article.